John Brown Childs
|Division||Social Sciences Division|
|Office||College Eight 328|
|Campus Mail Stop||College Eight Faculty Services|
Research InterestsSociology of knowledge; religion and social action; elitist and populist social movements; ethnicity; race; nationalism; global community.
Biography, Education and TrainingM.A., Ph.D., State University of New York at Buffalo
B.A., University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Childs, J.B. 2006. Hurricane Katrina
- Childs, J.B. 2002. Transcommunality: From the Politics of Conversion to the Ethics of Respect. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- Childs, J. B. 1999. "On the Idea of Indigenous," (with Guillermo Delgado-P), Current Anthropology, Vol.40, No.2 (Discussion and Criticism Section) pp. 211-212.
- Childs, J. B. 1998. Accomodationism, Encyclopedia of African-American Culture and History (Eds. Jack Salzman, David L. Smith, and Cornel West), New York, pp. 15-17.
- Childs, J. B. 1998. "Transcommunality: From the Politics of Conversion to the Ethics of Respect in the Context of cultural Diversity: Learning from Native American Philosophies with a Focus on the Haudenosaunee, Social Justice Vol.25, No.41, pp. 143-169.